Living in the glitzy neighborhoods of Hollywood might sound like a dream, but for some unfortunate residents, it's more like a nightmare thanks to their celebrity neighbors. From wild house parties to bizarre antics, these stars have earned a reputation for being the worst neighbors in Tinseltown.
1. Justin Bieber: The Egg-Throwing Troublemaker
In the mid-2010s, pop sensation Justin Bieber was crowned Hollywood's most notorious neighbor, and for good reason. His infamous egg-throwing incident in 2014, resulting in an $80,000 restitution bill, marked the peak of his rebellious phase. Justin's neighbors, including Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard, described living next to him as akin to being in an active war zone, thanks to the constant partying and blaring music.
- Notable Offense: Pelting neighbor's house with eggs.
- Celebrity Complaints: Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard compared the experience to living in Lebanon.
- Justin's Admission: "I don’t want neighbors! I’m loud…I can’t have neighbors."
2. Blac Chyna: Gated Community Chaos
Reality TV star Blac Chyna stirred up trouble in her Calabasas community in 2017. Complaints flooded in about her associates climbing over security walls instead of using the front gate. Noise disturbances lasting into the late hours added fuel to the fire. Police visits were prompted by concerned neighbors, fearing the presence of "thugs."
- Security Breach: Friends bypassed the front gate by climbing over walls.
- Late-Night Disturbances: Noise complaints during odd hours.
- Community Concerns: Residents worried about property values.
3. Chris Brown: Standoff in Tarzana
In 2016, singer Chris Brown sent shockwaves through his Tarzana neighborhood with a dramatic standoff with the police. The incident involved threats with a gun, a duffel bag thrown out of his window containing guns and drugs, and a subsequent arrest. Chris's disruptive behavior had already earned him a bad rap among neighbors even before the standoff.
- Standoff Situation: Hours-long standoff with police.
- Neighbor Complaints: Rude behavior, loud engines, and disturbance of the peace.
- Arrest: Charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
4. Jennifer Lopez: Medieval Madness
In 2015, Jennifer Lopez hosted a medieval-themed party that left her neighbors scratching their heads. Howie Mandel, a resident of the same cul-de-sac, revealed that knights on horses turned their quiet street into a chaotic scene. Horse droppings and jousting sticks were the aftermath of J. Lo's unique celebration.
- Medieval Extravaganza: Knights in shining armor on horses in the neighborhood.
- Neighbor's Reaction: Disruption caused by roaming animals and costumed actors.
- Complaints: Horse droppings and jousting sticks littering the street.
5. Gigi Hadid: Broadway Tunes Trouble
Supermodel Gigi Hadid admitted to being the worst neighbor during a 2016 interview. Her love for singing Broadway show tunes at home, particularly "Popular" from Wicked, became a source of stress for those living nearby. While Gigi finds it a stress reliever, her neighbors might beg to differ.
- Admission: Acknowledged being the worst neighbor.
- Unusual Hobby: Singing Broadway show tunes at home.
- Stress Reliever: Gigi's unique way of unwinding.
6. Madonna's Parking Predicament
Even the Queen of Pop, Madonna has had her share of neighborly controversies. In 2016, it was revealed that she had placed fake "no parking" signs in front of her Manhattan townhouse. This move, intended to safeguard her driveway, stirred up accusations of entitlement from neighbors.
- Fake Parking Signs: Placed to prevent parking in front of her townhouse.
- Neighbor's Response: Accusations of entitlement and illegal signage.
- Madonna's Explanation: Painted the signs grey to comply with neighbors' wishes.
Living next to a celebrity might seem glamorous, but for these Hollywood stars, their neighbors have endured a rollercoaster of disruptions. From egging incidents to medieval-themed parties, these celebrities have turned their posh neighborhoods into headline-making chaos. One thing's for sure – living next to fame comes with its own set of challenges.